Episode 27: Creative Living and Expressive Photography With Alister Benn
Today's Guest: Alister Benn
- His journey into being a full-time landscape photographer
- What expressive photography means to him
- The idea of possessing creativity through creative living
- The role of emotions in personal expression and creativity
- The relationship between innate creativity and the subconscious mind
- His five figures of engagement: luminosity, contrast, color, geometry, and atmosphere and how they allow us to compose more creatively
- How openness, acceptance, and non-judgment cultivate creativity
- Finding your creative voice through failures, experiments, practice, and play
- How color can blind us somewhat to the strength or weakness of a composition
- And so much more!
Resources and Links:
Thanks for Listening!
Enjoying the podcast?
Please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It only takes a minute, and ratings and reviews are extremely helpful in getting the word out about the show, convincing hard-to-get guests, and are greatly appreciated by me!
I read each and every one of them, so thank you!
Ask a Question:
Have a question about outdoor photography that you would like to have answered on the podcast? Find a quiet place and record your question (up to 90 seconds). We’ll do our best to answer it on the show. Thanks for listening!
Send a voice message to Brenda Petrella
Be sure to be in a quiet location and that your microphone is ready.
Don’t forget to follow the show on your favorite podcast player to get automatic updates about new episodes.
Want to help support the show? Show some love by buying me a coffee! A little goes a long way – and I appreciate it!