OPP #017: Exploration, Conservation, and Empathy With Charles Bergman
Today's Guest: Charles Bergman
- How following different passions led him to photography
- How to reframe how we relate to animals to respond better to the global extinction crisis
- The importance of storytelling in creating meaning and connection
- How he hadn’t intended to write a book about penguins, and what inspired him to do so
- What makes penguins compelling
- His expedition experiences to several continents to learn about and photograph 18 species of penguin
- What threatens penguin species
- What we can learn from animals
- And so much more!
Resources and Links:
Thanks for Listening!
Enjoying the podcast?
Please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It only takes a minute, and ratings and reviews are extremely helpful in getting the word out about the show, convincing hard-to-get guests, and are greatly appreciated by me!
I read each and every one of them, so thank you!
Submit a Question:
Have a question you’d like to have answered on the podcast? It’s easy! Just find a quiet location, hit the button below, and record your question. We’ll do our best to answer it on an upcoming Tidbit Tuesday episode. Thanks!
Don’t forget to follow the show to get automatic updates about new episodes.
Want to help support the show? Show some love by buying me a coffee! A little goes a long way – and I appreciate it!